Welcome to our blog once again!! In today's post, let's talk something about Hair.
In these days, many of us are suffering from hair problems like hair fall, dandruff, split ends, dull hair, etc. We have a list of reasons for all these problems. In Ayurveda, we have many options to be used as the solution for our problems. But we cannot go and buy every herb and make a mixture out of it for permanent solutions. So to help us, many brands are coming up with organic skin & hair products which are a bliss for us. One such a brand is "Omved".
In today's post, I am going to review
Hibiscus Brahmi hair mask. This is not the first time I am talking about this brand. I have already reviewed their face mask. If you haven't checked it, click HERE to know about it. their
About : Omved
In their words:
"OM (the absolute) and VED (knowledge), to live in complete wisdom and awareness are the founding principle of Omved. Welcome to a world of the ancient millennia, of Vedic traditions and Sanatan Dharma (eternal truths). Welcome to pure natural living.
They offer a wide range of products covering almost every category. You can check their products category wise HERE.
Hibiscus Brahmi Hair Mask - Review:
Product Description: Omved Hibiscus Brahmi Hair Mask is a nourishing powerhouse to deep condition the scalp, soothe itching and clear dandruff for healthy, soft and lustrous hair.
Directions: Mix with water or curd into a paste. Massage into scalp and apply thoroughly. Leave in for 15 minutes. Wrap a hot towel for better conditioning. Rinse thoroughly. Use twice a week for better results.
Price: Rs.220/- for 50
Shelf Life: 2 years
Availability: You can directly buy from their website mentioned above.
Firstly, I don't trust anything easily when it comes to my hair. I know many of us will hesitate to try out new hair care products. But when I saw the names 'Hibiscus' and 'Brahmi', without any further doubt I gave this mask a try. My mom used to make hibiscus leaves and flowers mask for my hair when I was very young and I heard many benefits of Brahmi herb for hair. So I am damn sure about its efficiency.
This mask comes in a silver colored paper pouch with labels and all details. The packaging is very basic. Nothing much to talk about it. The mask is in powdered form. It's a finely grounded powder and the aroma is so heavenly. You can strongly feel the aroma of the herbs used in it, but it doesn't irritate your sensitive nose.
This mask is very efficient as the ingredients used in this mask are very good at solving many hair problems. This mask made my roots strong, thus preventing hair fall. I used to have a very light dandruff when I used this mask for the first time. It cleared out minor dandruff I had in the first usage. So if you have severe dandruff, regular usage of this mask will help you in fighting with dandruff. On the packaging, they have mentioned mixing this powder either with water or curd. I have tried with both of them and let me share my experience with you all by comparing.
- Firstly, curd has many benefits for both skin and hair when compared to water. So, it's an added advantage using curd.
- When mixed with water, the mixture has become thick within no time. So it is tough to apply the mask as it tends to dry pretty quickly. Whereas when mixed with curd, the application of the mask is very much smoother as it doesn't get dried out easily.
- After application, the mask gets dried out and starts falling down by creating a mess when mixed with water. This happens in less than 5mins. So personally I felt, there is no scope for the scalp and hair to absorb the goodness of the herbs used. Whereas when mixed with curd, the mask takes some time to dry out meanwhile the scalp and hair get benefited.
- Last but most important, I have an oily scalp and dry hair. So when mixed with curd, it even worked as a conditioner and gave shine to my hair. But when mixed with water, my hair became even dry and rough.
**** The images shown are taken when mixed with curd****
2 tablespoons of the powder
is enough to cover entire scalp and hair. In this way, it lasted for me just for 4 uses. Once opened, it has to be stored in the refrigerator by pouring into an airtight container. Otherwise, it won't work in the way mentioned.
- Makes the roots of the hair stronger
- Treats dandruff
- Prevents Hairfall
- The ingredients used have many benefits for the hair
- No added perfumes
- It has an aromatic fragrance
- No chemicals
- Packaging could have better
PPD Rating: 4.8/5
Final Verdict: If you have severe hair problems and want to go with a complete Ayurvedic and chemical free formula, then this mask is a must have for you. Give it a try, you will never regret.
If you like this review and want to get regular updates from Omved, then follow them on their social media.
Peach Diaries. n