CHOKERS ARE BACK IN STYLE!!!!!!!!!!!
Chokers are a huge fashion in 90's and early 2000's. Now they are back with a bang. Anybody can pull off these chokers like a super model. A classic choker is made of lace/velvet/string or any other strip material worn tight around the neck. These chokers will make the neck look longer and gives an elegant, sexy look to the person who wears it.
You don't need to drop a lot of money on these. Just spend an evening in any matching center or lace corner and grab few laces of your choice and yes you can make it :)
Things Needed :
- Laces of different colors and patterns.
- Velcro tape
- A pair of scissors
- Measuring tape
- Fabric Glue or Fevikwik
- Measure the length around your neck with measuring tape and cut the laces accordingly by keeping an extra inch of the lace. Cut the velcro tape into an inch small pieces.
- Take the piece of velcro tape and attach it to the lace by using fabric glue(recommended) or fevikwik. Make sure to attach one piece of the tape on the front side of the lace and another piece on the back side as shown in the below picture.
- Let it dry overnight. Your beautiful piece of the choker is ready to flaunt.
- If you want your choker to be extra glamorous, add few charms to it as shown below:
Source : Google Images
- You can also stitch the velcro tape to the lace with a sewing machine for making it to stay for longer period of time.
- I have made two basic black & white chokers with crochet lace and a green choker using small saree border lace for a fushion look.
- By using a simple black cord, we can create different styles out of which, two of them are as shown below :
|a. simply tie around your neck.|
|b. rotate around your neck for the layered look.|
Adding charms to this cord will add extra glamor.
- Pom-poms are a huge fashion now. So I took this small pom-pom lace in red color to create a bow choker. Tie the bow either front or back side of your neck depending on the hairstyle you have opted or you can simply tie it around your neck and leave those ends loose for an edgy look.
So these are the basic chokers which we can make without any efforts. If you are not lazy like me, then by using your creativity you can create beautiful chokers with the help of charms,pendants etc.
OUR Pink n Peach Diaries.