Diwali is the most exciting festivals in India. Everybody will be so excited for Diwali irrespective of their age. The reason for excitement will vary from person to person.But the reason why I am so excited about Diwali is for the outfits, colors & lights but not for crackers. I always celebrate Diwali by dressing up well, lightening as many diyas as possible and by doing home decor.
So, I came up with the idea of simple and easy DIY diya stand which will add more colors and lighting to your home.
Stationery needed :
- Cylindrical hard cardboard
- CD's - 4
- Acrylic colors
- Glue glitter - Gold color
- Painting brush
- Small sized white kundans in round shape
Here cardboard acts as stand. We are going to use one CD as the base for stand and remaining 3 CD's on the top of the stand as diya holders.
1. Take your cardboard, diyas, CD's and paint them all with acrylic colors of your choice. Keep aside and let them dry.
( I have painted my stand using two different colors. So for base CD, you have to select the color same as the color used at the bottom of the stand and remaining 3 CD's in one color)
2. For the glittery look, I have applied glitter glue in swirl motion around the stand. Leave the stand aside to let the glue dry out completely.
3. Take the 3 CD's and place them one above another to form a flower like shape. If you are satisfied with the shape, then stick them with the help of glue.
4. Now take a toothpick and apply glue in small dots along the edges of the CD and with the help of tweezers, place the kundans on the glue.
5. Now stick the base CD to the bottom of the stand and place the CD flower on the top of the stand.
Voila..!! Your DIY Diya stand is ready. :)
Place diyas / tea light candles / LED diyas on the center hole of the CD's. You can place the stand in the center of Rangoli or any corner of your house or even make two of them and keep on either side of pooja mandir.
Here are few pictures of my diya stand :
|with lights ON|
|with lights OFF|
How to re-use this stand after Diwali :
Just place the CD flower on the top of the stand. Don't stick it. So that it can be used in the following ways :
1. CD flower can be used as a wall hanging or as a coaster.
2. Stand can be used as a flower vase by adding fresh/plastic flowers to it.
Our Pink n Peach Diaries.